Sunday, May 11, 2008

What a wonderful weekend!

This is a photo of James and I the night we got engaged in 1997.

10 years ago, on May 9th, 1998, James and I got married. I can't believe it has been 10 years. In some ways our wedding day seems so far away, and in some ways it seems like it just happened. Friday was our anniversary, but it was also the day of the school carnival. That is one of the funnest days of the year for Charlie and Juliana, so of course we had to take them. The best two things to come out of our marriage are Charlie and Juliana, so it was fitting to spend our anniversary with them, having fun at the carnival. We knew we could have our night alone Saturday night. I had taken the whole weekend off work to have time to celebrate 10 years of being married to my best friend. So last night, the kids went off to Grandma Lila and Grandpa Jerry's house to spend the night, and James and I went out to eat at McCormick and Schmick's, a wonderful seafood restaurant in town. It is a chain, but they have very good fresh seafood that they fly in daily. We had a great dinner, some good wine and fun conversation. Then we came home and practiced our Swing Dancing. We are taking Swing Dancing lessons because we won 3 free lessons at the school auction back in February. Thursday is our 2nd lesson. Neither one of us is a very good dancer, but we are having fun learning! It was a perfect evening, and I am so happy to still be in love with James after 10 years! I got so lucky when I found him! Tonight we are taking my mom and James' mom (and his dad and the kids) out to dinner for Mother's Day. A perfect way to end the perfect weekend!

Here is a picture of James and I on our wedding day.

No comments: