Sunday, January 11, 2009

Lost tooth and Happy Birthday

James had a birthday party last night. It was just about 10 good friends and us. We had a great time, talking, playing the Wii and looking at Juliana's new smile all night long. Near the beginning of the party, Juliana told us her bottom tooth was very lose. I looked and sure enough, it looked like it would be easy to pull. I asked her if she wanted me to do it, and she said "NO!". She worked and worked at it, and all of sudden looked very surprised, held her hand up and said "look!". There in her hand was her tooth, and in her mouth a cute little gap! She showed every person at the party more than once her tooth. She would not put it down for anything. I finally found a little box for her to put it in. She carried the box around until bedtime. She also wrote the cutest note to the tooth fairy to leave under her pillow with the tooth. It said "I pulled my tooth out on my dad's birthday all by myself! All by myself! Hope you like my tooth. Love, Juliana." Several of James' friends (men) told her all night that the tooth fairy would bring her $50! I assured her that our tooth fairy does not give anyone $50! Our tooth fairy brings $2 for the first tooth and then $1 for all other teeth. The tooth fairy did give her $1 bonus for pulling her first tooth herself,however! She found 3 gold dollars under her pillow this morning.

Here is our girl with her missing tooth!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Such a cute picture of J, she is looking so grown up!!